Feb 19, 2021
Comm. Glenn Oleon (Ret.) to Speak on “Parenting Coordination: The Swiss Army Knife of Custody Tools”
“Parenting Coordination: The Swiss Army Knife of Custody Tools”
Presented by the Bar Association of San Francisco, Family Law Section
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Parenting Coordinators, sometimes known as Custody Special Masters, provide an efficient and cost-effective tool for dispute resolution in cases involving custody and visitation issues. Join Comm. Glenn Oleon (Ret.) and Chandler Hoffman, Psy.D. as they discuss:
- What is a Parenting Coordinator?
- When is it a good idea to use a Parenting Coordinator?
- When do Parenting Coordinators make binding decisions, and when do they make recommendations to the court?
- How is a Parenting Coordinator appointed?
- What are the differences between using a mental health professional and a judge/lawyer as a Parenting Coordinator?
- What other tools exist for resolving contested custody and visitation issues?
Eligible for 1 hour MCLE credit.