ADR Services, Inc. is a full-service dispute resolution provider. Below is a helpful reference for both counsel and parties regarding certain forms that may be used at various times in conjunction with the mediation and arbitration process, both before and after a dispute has arisen.
Please be advised that the information provided does not constitute legal advice provided by ADR Services, Inc., its employees, agents or contractors. It does not serve as a substitute for the advice of legal counsel and non-represented parties, in particular, are encouraged to seek the assistance of independent counsel for assistance before commencing or continuing in any arbitration matters.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Stipulation for Settlement
- Mediation Provision: This is a standard clause to be inserted in pre-dispute agreements and forms. This clause is often modified to meet the requirements of the drafting party(ies).
- Stipulation to Arbitrate: This form is used after lawsuit has been filed in order to stay further court proceedings pending the outcome of an arbitration. To initiate an arbitration, please send a copy of this signed stipulation to ADR Services, Inc., along with an Initial Filing Fee of $450.
- Demand for Arbitration: Where no lawsuit has been filed, a party to a contract or agreement containing an arbitration clause can initiate the arbitration process by sending the other party a written Demand for Arbitration. The Demand generally describes the parties, the dispute, and the type of relief sought. The process occurs as follows:
- A completed Demand for Arbitration must be served by the Claimant upon the Respondent (or Respondent’s counsel) along with a copy of the contract or agreement containing the arbitration clause. (Certified or registered mail is the recommended service method in order to verify receipt of the Demand.)
- A copy of the completed Demand for Arbitration should be simultaneously sent to ADR Services, Inc., along with a copy of the agreement or form containing the arbitration clause and a nonrefundable Initial Filing Fee of $450.
- ADR Services, Inc. will send out a letter acknowledging receipt of the Demand for Arbitration. The letter will identify the next step to be taken as well as other procedural aspects governing the arbitration process.
- Arbitration Clause or Provision: An arbitration clause is provision in a contract that requires the parties to resolve any disputes as to the rights and liabilities under the contract through a compulsory arbitration process. Some contracts use standard arbitration clauses and other clauses are tailored to meet the needs of the drafting and/or contracting parties.
- Affidavit for Waiver of Fees.