Wendy W. Kramer is a highly effective full-time mediator. Formerly a partner with Kramer & Kramer handling a wide variety of insurance-related matters, she has developed particular expertise in matters involving personal injury, business disputes, professional malpractice, landlord tenant disputes (habitability) and complex commercial litigation.
In addition to serving as the 2013 President of the Southern California Mediation Association, Ms. Kramer previously served as the ADR Chair for the Santa Monica Bar Association, the Los Angeles and Ventura Superior Courts ADR Programs, and a Fee Dispute Mediator for both the Beverly Hills and Santa Monica Bar Associations, as well as on the Board of Governors for the International Academy of Mediation (IAM). She currently serves as the Chair of the IAM’s Mentorship Program. She has mediated over 3,000 matters and arbitrated over 300 matters. She is known for her ability to deal with difficult personalities, multi-party matters and complicated legal issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Vehicular Accidents: Catastrophic and soft tissue injuries involving automobiles, bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, trucks, buses, metrorail, taxis, vanpools, pedestrians, DUI, wrongful death, roadway design defect, municipalities, uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist claims, police, fire, paramedics, off road vehicles and dirt bikes.
- Premises Liability: Slip/trip and falls, sidewalks, roadways, commerical and residential property, exposure to hazardous materials, toxic torts, dogbites, public entities, security guards, safety issues, false arrest/imprisonment, trivial defects, dangerous conditions, electrical, gas, schools, municipalities, elevators, escalators, workplace accidents, construction, workers’ compensation.
- Insurance: Bad faith, subrogation, property damage, water damage, fire damage, coverage, uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, workers’ compensation liens.
- Employment: Wrongful termination, sexual harassment, wage & hour, retaliation, whistleblower
- Real Estate: Commercial and residential landlord/tenant disputes, habitability claims, homeowners associations, condominium conversions, eviction, unlawful detainer, buy-sell agreements, franchise disputes.
- Professional Malpractice: Legal, medical, dental, pharmacuetical, spas.
- Business: Complex business and commercial contracts; attorney/client fee disputes, fraudulent transfers, lemon law, consignment.
- Products Liability: Design defects, manufacturing defects.
- Assault and Battery: Nightclubs, bars, concerts, casinos, road rage, security gaurds, bouncers.
- Ms. Kramer earned her J.D. from Loyola University School of Law.
- In 2004, she completed the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Training from Pepperdine University, School of Law. She is available to hear matters throughout California.