As a neutral with ADR Services, Inc. since May 2008, Judge Collins brings her experience from twenty years on the bench, including sixteen years on the Superior Court. Judge Collins presided over the Law and Motion Department in the West District, Long Cause Civil in Central Civil West and an Independent Civil Calendar in Santa Monica. She has settled scores of cases involving insurance coverage, personal injury, medical malpractice, entertainment law, partnership dissolutions, mold infestation, contract and commercial lease disputes, wrongful termination, and homeowner association disputes. She has also presided over sophisticated business disputes between national and multinational organizations, matters involving high-profile parties, as well as complex asbestos litigation. Judge Collins’ judicial career was preceded by extensive federal court trial experience with the United States Attorney’s Office, including complex bank and real estate fraud matters. Judge Collins also has litigated in private practice where she primarily handled business and insurance matters.
- 2015 Women of Achievement Award, Century City Chamber of Commerce
- 2011-2013 Daily Journal, “Top 50 Neutrals”
- 2012 Ernestine Stahlhut Award, Women Lawyers Of Los Angeles
- 1992 – 2008 Superior Court Judge, Los Angeles, California
- Assignments in long cause civil (Central Civil West), civil independent calendar (Central Civil and West District), Law & Motion Department (West District), and felony trials and long cause/high security criminal trials (Criminal Courts Building). Appointed by Gov. Pete Wilson and re-elected. Retired May 5, 2008.
- 1988 – 1992 Municipal Court Judge, Los Angeles, Municipal Court
- Also served as Supervising Judge of the Metropolitan Court. Assignments in criminal misdemeanor trials (Metropolitan and West Los Angeles) and felony preliminary hearings (Criminal Courts Building). Appointed by Governor Deukmejian and re-elected.
- 1994 (Oct.-Dec.) Judge pro tem, Court of Appeal
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER, JD cum laude (1979)
- STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NY AT BUFFALO, BA summa cum laude (1975)
- CANISIUS COLLEGE, Buffalo, NY (1972)
- Current: Los Angeles County Bar Association; Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles; California Judges Association; Association of Business Trial Lawyers;
- Past: Irish American Bar Association; Bureau of National Affairs, Civil Trial Manual Advisory Board; Municipal Court Judges Association; National Women Judges Association; Southern California Business Litigation Inn of Court; American Bar Association
- Admitted to practice: California; Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal; Central, Southern & Northern Districts of California
- TEAM PRIME TIME:
Nonprofit after school program for at-risk middle school students that provides mock trial, sports and art programs. Creator of Prime Time Trials, a mock trial program partnering with Loyola Law School.
- EVERYCHILD FOUNDATION:
Philanthropic organization providing annual $1million grant to fund programs to support the needs of children and young adults.