Ms. Takahashi has been a trial attorney for the past 40 years, having prosecuted and defended hundreds of cases as both a state and federal prosecutor and civil litigator. While a prosecutor, the criminal defense bar nicknamed her “the D.A. with a heart.” Her reputation in the legal community is stellar. She is regarded by judges, mediators, the plaintiff’s bar, and defense counsel as hard-working, trustworthy, and reasonable. Her background provides a solid foundation and a unique perspective from which to assist the parties in reaching a settlement of disputes. If requested, she can offer an objective prognostication of what may be of concern to the trier-of-fact.
As litigators know, most cases settle; however, the road traveled to reach a final resolution is often long, circuitous, costly, and stressful. Caseloads keep building while litigants become increasingly dissatisfied as they stand on the sidelines of the court system. Whether the goal is to reach an early resolution or settle after experts’ depositions, Ms. Takahashi provides a fresh approach as well as a candid and unbiased assessment of the case at hand.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Sexual Assault
- Landlord Tenant
- 2015 Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- 1976 U.C. Davis School of Law: Juris Doctor
- 1973 U.C. Berkeley: Bachelor of Arts
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP– Partner, January 2001- January 2016
- Santochi Gable Dwyer & Takahashi– Managing Partner, 1998 to December 2000
- McLemore Collins & Toschi– Partner, 1996 to 1998
- Kincaid Gianunzio Caudle & Hubert– Senior Associate, 1991 to 1996
- Contra Costa County Municipal Court Judge, 1989 to 1991
Presided over civil and criminal cases, Law & Motion, settlement conferences, case management, community forums, and educational outreach to youth, women, and minorities.
- Contra Costa County Deputy District Attorney, 1982 to 1989
- Private Practice– Criminal defense (Alameda County), 1980 to 1982
- United States Department of Justice
Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of California, 1978 to 1980
Prosecution of federal offenses; wrote and argued appeals before the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Alameda County Deputy District Attorneyand Law Clerk, 1976 to 1978