Ana M. Sambold, Esq. is a highly effective mediator with extensive experience mediating a wide range of litigated and non-litigated matters. She is fully bilingual and has successfully conducted, in English and Spanish, over 700 mediations involving complex matters, multi-cultural parties, and highly contentious issues. Her tenacity, unique approach, and commitment to each case facilitates positive outcomes and durable settlement agreements. Her extensive subject matter expertise includes a broad spectrum of civil litigation matters, with particular emphasis on business and contract disputes, personal injury, consumer, real estate, probate, and insurance coverage matters.
Ms. Sambold is currently the Co-Chair of the State Bar of California, Civil Litigation Section’s ADR Committee and serves on the Board of Directors of the Southern California Mediation Association. She serves as a panel neutral for the San Diego Superior Court, the American Arbitration Associatin, and the Better Business Bureau. Ms. Sambold has obtained her mediation and dispute resolution training at Harvard Law School – Negotiation Program and the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law. Ms. Sambold is available to mediate in San Diego and throughout Southern California.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- BUSINESS, COMMERCIAL, INSURANCE: breach of contract; commercial transactions; purchase agreements; partnership dissolutions; unfair competition; fraud; secured and unsecured loan transactions; family business disputes; consumer matters; lemon law; fee disputes; construction defect; insurance coverage; subrogation matters.
- PERSONAL INJURY: vehicle, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents; slip and fall; dangerous conditions; premises liability; harassment; defamation; dog bites; uninsured and underinsured motorist claims; professional and dental malpractice; workers’ compensation; civil assault and battery claims.
- REAL ESTATE: commercial and residential landlord-tenant disputes; breach of lease; habitability issues; quiet enjoyment of property; security deposit; constructive eviction; unlawful detainer; rent rebate; building code violations; harassment and trespass; property damage; partition actions and title changes; toxic mold; real estate transfers; neighbor disputes; construction defect; homeowners’ association disputes; broker/agent commission disputes; oral contracts; secured and unsecured loans; real estate co-ownership.
- PROBATE, ESTATES & TRUSTS: instrument validity and interpretation; financial elder abuse; fraud; revocation of testamentary instruments; competency issues; undue influence matters; conservatorships.
MEDIATION & ARBITRATION EXPERIENCE
- Mediator & Arbitrator, ADR Services, Inc. (2017-Present)
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association (AAA) (2016-Present)
- Arbitrator, Better Business Bureau (BBB) (2016-Present)
- Mediator, San Diego Superior Court Civil Mediation Panel (2012-Present)
EDUCATION & ADR TRAINING
- Harvard Law School – Program on Negotiation: “Advanced Mediation Workshop: Mediating Complex Disputes”
- Pepperdine University School of Law – Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution: “Mediating the Litigated Case”
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) – “Arbitration Fundamentals and Best Practices for New AAA Arbitrators”; “Deciding and Writing Awards”
- National Conflict Resolution Center – “Mediator Credential”; “Advanced Mediation Skills”
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – “Auto Line Arbitrator Training”
- University of San Diego School of Law, LL.M.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Co-Chair, State Bar of California, Civil Litigation Section’s Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution (2017-Present)
- Member of Board of Directors, Southern California Mediation Association (2016-Present)
- Member-at-Large, Executive Committee, San Diego County Bar Association’s ADR Section (2016-2017)
- Judge, American Bar Association National Mediation and Negotiation Law School Competition, San Francisco (2017), New York City (2016), San Diego (2015), and Washington, D.C. (2012)
- California Real Estate Licensed Agent (2017)
- Member, American Bar Association, ADR and International Sections (2012- Present)
- Neutral Observer, Mediation Works Incorporated Boston (MWI) (2015-2016)
- Member, Mediators Beyond Borders (MBBI) (2012-Present)
- Member, Rotary International (2015-Present)
- Trainer, National Conflict Resolution Center (NCRC) (2011-Present)
- Mentor Mediator, University of San Diego School of Law and Peace & Justice Institute at the San Diego Superior Court (2012-Present)
- Board of Directors, San Diego Law Library (2016-Present)
- Facilitator, Institute for Nonviolence (2016-Present); San Diego Restorative Justice Mediation Program, Victim Offender Reconciliation Program (2014-2015)
- Trainer, San Diego Peer Mediation Training Program (2012-Present)
- San Diego County Bar Association Children at Risk Committee in Mediation and Conflict Management (2011, 2012)
- Professor of Law, California Western School of Law (2016-Present)
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego (2013-Present)
- Member, La Raza Lawyers and Latinas in the Law (2013-Present)